Planning Around Your Wedding Budget
The wedding planning process is one of the most important times in your life, and we understand that this can also be one of the most stressful times as you try to plan within your wedding budget. There are so many things that require your attention and you feel like you need an army just to deal with them all. Food can be one of your bigger worries. No matter what type of wedding you are having, you will need food. Regardless if you are having a small, informal wedding outdoors, or a grandiose, elegant event with hundreds of guests, food will be one of your biggest expenses. Relax though, finding a good caterer for your special occasion is not as complex as it seems.
There is a whole host of great wedding caterers out there, just waiting to help you carry out your special day without a hitch. Knowing the right questions to ask when talking to potential caterers is a great way to save time and find the perfect match while allowing you to stay within your wedding budget. Here are a few of the more important ones you will need to consider.
- First, it is essential that you identify your wedding budget. It is important to look for ways to minimize costs wherever possible, and a good caterer should be able to work with you and help you do this effectively.
- What type of food will you be serving at your wedding? Consider the type of wedding you are having and the mood you are going to convey. Ask caterers if they specialize in particular foods or services that you may require, this will help you begin to eliminate those that may not fit as well with your wedding’s theme.
- A good caterer should be able to schedule a taste testing with you to review samples of their food. Once you think you have found a caterer that best fits your style, set up an appointment for an initial taste testing of the specific foods you will be serving at your wedding.
- Will the caterer provide tables, chairs, linens and so on? Or will you have to rent these items on your own? If the caterer provides these things as part of their service, be sure to view them beforehand to make sure they are acceptable and in line with the theme of your wedding.
- Will the caterer provide wait staff? If so, get with your caterer to find out how many they recommend for your particular wedding. What will the wait staff wear? You will also want to ensure that the servers at your wedding are dressed appropriately, as they will be there as representatives of your special occasion, so it is important that they look the part.